- Check-in Times: Cottage & Condo Units 5pm, Motel Rooms, 3pm
- Check-Out Times: Cottage & Condo Units 10am, Motel Rooms 11am
- Quiet Time starts at 11:00pm. Please be extra considerate of other guests that may be sleeping. Customer complaints of excessive noise that results in security being dispatched may result in additional charges and/or eviction without a refund of the offending party at managements discretion.
- Pets are not allowed on the property at any time. This is a safety and liability issue and will be strictly enforced. Guests found complicit in violating this policy run the risk of eviction with no refund and additional charge of $500.
- “VISITORS” Friends and Family not staying at the Silver Sands Resort must have Management Permission to be “on the Property” at any time, unless just picking up or dropping off a guest. Loitering on grounds, entering rooms, using facilities (including parking space) are examples of violations. Guests found complicit in violating this policy run the risk of eviction, additional charges, and/or criminal prosecution subject to management discretion.
- Smoking Policy. Smoking in any unit including cottages is a violation of the new Michigan Law. Please Refrain from smoking near open windows or doorways or taking remains into rooms and cottages, deposit butts in appropriate receptacles, not on the ground! Fee’s up to $150 + loss of revenue may be imposed on guests violating this policy.
- Excessive Alcohol or Drunkenness, or other inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. At Managements’ discretion, violation of this policy may result in immediate eviction without a refund, or additional charges/deposits to insure compliance.
- No Cooking in units without kitchens (Hotel Rooms). Guests found cooking, or evidence of cooking in rooms will be charged a minimum of $150 fee.
- In-Room and Cottage furnishings (furniture, cushions, bedding, etc) are not intended for outside use, please do not remove or take to the beach or dunes.
- Fireworks are not allowed without the permission of Resort Management, loud and/or aerial fireworks are not allowed
- Damaged or Missing Property will be added to room charges based on reasonable repair and replacement estimates. We have listed standard set-up information for Typical items occasionally found missing so that you can verify that these items don’t accidentally get lost or packed during your stay.
- Motorized Vehicles (including quads) are not allowed in yard areas at any time and are restricted to vehicle parking areas. This is a safety and liability issue, Guests found complicit in violating this policy run the risk of eviction with no refund and charges up to $500.
- Items Restricted or NOT ALLOWED in rooms/cottages without Management Permission (bikes, AC units, car parts- including tires and doors etc, compressors, high demand electric appliances, combustibles, etc). If you need secured storage for items not allowed in hotel rooms/cottages please inquire at Front desk.
- Bikes, skate boards etc. must be walked when near building to avoid risk of injury to self or others.
- Personal Grills are allowed with restrictions, no grilling on decks, walkways or picnic tables and must be 10ft min. from building structures. Grills must be returned to your vehicle when not in use, and not left on walkways, decks, or brought into rentals. If you need help with storing your grill ask Management
- Campfire locations are regulated by the Local Fire Marshall, privileges could be revoked if violated. Some guests also mistake these as trash barrels, burning trash (like: cans, bottles & tops, plastic’s/petroleum products, etc) is a violation of our permits and could also result in undesirable consequences.
- Watercraft must be registered with front desk. Docks are not anchored and are for loading and unloading passengers only, no tying to docks. Boats found unattended and tied to docks will be removed and charged a service fee to get boat back. Boat Slips (for a small fee) or mooring anchors may be available to anchor watercraft, inquire at front desk.
Policy content under construction